Public Opinion Strategies
- DOWNLOAD SUMMARY
- 77% would or could favor adding slot machines at racetracks as a revenue generating solution as opposed to raising taxes or cutting programs
- 62% support the overall gaming solution like the one laid out in SB 1739.
- 70% of Collar County voters support the bill
- 68% of Northern Illinois voters support the bill
- 61% of Southern Illinois voters support the bill
- 60% of Cook County voters support the bill
- 54% of Central Illinois voters support the bill
- 68% favor adding slots to the state’s six existing racetracks.
- 69% support increasing the number of slot machines on Illinois riverboats.
- 62% support a land-based casino in Chicago.
- 76% favored slots vs. only 16% for annual subsidies.
- 56.8%: support Illinois gambling expansion
- October 2011
- 79% favor Illinois gambling expansion
- 74% favor a Chicago casino
- July 2011
- 50% support gambling expansion
- February, 2012
National Pollster Peter D. Hart
- 85% think gambling is acceptable for themselves or others
- 60% think casinos are very or somewhat important to tourism industry
- 58% have a “very favorable impression of Arlington Park”
- 77% support addition of slots at Arlington Park